Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Skiing - Ski Dubai



One of the most enjoyable things i've ever done was skiing in Ski Dubai! It was so much fun, i kept laughing the whole time, well actually laughing and screaming! my cousin wanted to make me a surprise so she booked for us in a beginner lesson. I thought we'll be playing with the snow and sliding on the slopes with the kids, but i got the first shock when a day earlier i was told that we'll do the real thing... skiing down a slope. Im not born in Switzerland and never skied before! As we we bought gloves and got our shoes and changed, i was telling my cousin to please change her mind and forget about it. Telling her i will make a disastrous scene and with the loud voice i have there will be lots of screaming!

And she kept saying we should go for it because no one really knows us and we won't get to see those people again in our whole life... so no one would really pay attention!

As I had the shoes on, it was even hard for me to walk with them or to carry them, they were just too heavy!
We had a Lebanese instructor, who was extremely patient. But i doubt he'll give another lesson ever after that one... :)

My heart was beating so fast, and i thought of changing my mind so many times, but then i thought fine, i'll just go inside and take pictures! No harm done! We started with the stretching exercises, as the instructor said without them falling down might be painful and harmful! And this is when I got really scared!!!

Watching people skiing on TV made me always think that it's a peace of cake! You just let your body relax and everything would be OK! Never thought that IT'S REALLY HARD! Needs lots of skills and muscles.
As we started our first moves, I couldn't even move, i moved my legs but it was useless... as if im walking in the same place, without moving forward, up or down.
I can't remember all the times i fell down, but luckily it was not painful. Whenever i felt like falling down, i'd cling to anyone near me... and make them lose balance... This was all exposed to everyone who was having dinner in a restaurant with a view on Ski Dubai! So with every fall you can see all the people laughing and smiling... We had to go up the slope, and go down all alone, but in my case, i didn't only have the instructor holding me, I also made him promise not to leave...

It was so much fun, one of the most adventurous things i've done beside kayaking, caving and canoeing! If you happen to be in Dubai, you have to try it... It's something you don't want to miss! I kept my gloves with her... I know this will be something I definitely want to do again.
* Thank you Linda*

Skiing and falling pictures will be posted after scanning!

9 Comments:

  • At July 01, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow! that's a nice experience.
    The beauty of it is that you're in the middle of the summer in Dubai and you're skiing .. Amazing!
    Do they have snow boarding? If they do, it might be easier for you to learn (and more fun)
    The board is wider and your legs are fixed so it's easier to balance
    check it out

     
  • At July 01, 2006 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    qwaider... it's amazing! they have everything in Dubai! the feeling of skiing in the summer... it's breathtaking! Yes, they have snow boarding... and you're right it's easier (I think), from the way i've seen it-I had so many problems with keeping balance! so this would be easier for sure ... Next time inshalla :)

     
  • At July 03, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hehehe...sounds nice...listen you should do like a tourist guide...through your travels...start putting every place you've been to on a paper...and maybe you'll publish it one day..it's a nice idea, ain't it??!!

     
  • At July 04, 2006 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    3amzooo... yeah it's a great idea :)_ i think id do it one day!

     
  • At November 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wooow what a surprise it was me the Lebanese instructor you were talking about ;) my name is Marwan, OMG when I saw the picture I remembered you, been teaching a lot of people but you had a sense of humor and you were very funny.

     
  • At November 04, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Marwan... oh what a surprise for me!!! this is really funny.. how did you come across my blog and this post in particular!!! If you didn't write your name I would've had doubts but with your name.. i think it's YOU after all.. WOW! this is sooo funny and cool!! What a coincidence!! Do you still teach there?

     
  • At November 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I was making a research on the net about Ski Dubai and your comment were between the things I was reading and was really surprised to know that it was me who you were talking about when I saw the picture.
    What a coincidence between all the pages I saw, I was picking some few.
    I still work for Ski Dubai yes, and still wait for nice students like you to show up for my lessons.
    Where are you from? Where do you live?

     
  • At November 07, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Marwan ... What a coincidence :D
    That's really funny!

    Dubai is a really nice place and the Emirates mall is one of the nicest shopping malls ever. Every time I go to Dubai I feel like staying longer.

    I live in Australia at the moment! But seriously Dubai is one of the countries I love the most.

     
  • At November 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    can I have your email adress facebook anything you're using??

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home