Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Things I miss from Childhood (Tagged)


This is the first time I got tagged,,, and it was from Qwaider

What 5 things do you miss about your childhood?


* Family activities
The way we used to do something with parents every thursday night and make big plans for our fridays. When we used to get ready for my dad to get back from work and take us to the park, to play on swings and slopes... up to the time when they bought us ones.
When we used to go to my grandparents house, make a big gathering with all the cousins, fuss and noise.. we used to take our pjs sometimes and sleep over, play cards and wake up to the sounds of horns... then having boiled eggs for breakfast made by my grandma and 7alova for lunch..

* Listening to Fayrouz in the pool
This is one thing i'll never forget, I miss going to the pool early in the morning as soon as my dad leaves to the clinic, and spending all day long there... fayrouz' songs are stuck in the memory with the burning sun esp (teery ya tiyyara teery,,,ya wara' o kheetan.. bidy arja3 bint isgheereh...3ala sat7 il jeeran)... I miss the smell of the french fries and eating our meals on the grass... i miss the times we used to fight and make bets on who can jump higher, make the funniest jump... or the messiest one while trying to get as much water as possible out...

* Majed
I miss the times when my dad used to get us Majed ( i wonder if anyone remember this one), and all the times he used to get two of the same edition... so as me and my sister won't fight over who will read it first...


* Camping
This is the one thing i miss the most! I miss buying the camping equipments, bag packs and sleeping bags... torches, everything that has to do with it and to get really into it (a3eesh il dor), wearing army clothes, doing all the craziness,,, whatever I want and being comfortable with it, without anyone thinking that it's silly... carrying my money in a green small army thing that sticks to my belly... oh i really miss those days!

* I miss the simplicity of life back then.. everything was different, more enjoyable...the way we used to use the piano- me and my little sister as a barbie house, or the times when we used to use our 'creativity' in designing some really cool costumes... the way we used to paint our face... it was all amazing!

3 Comments:

  • At October 09, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aaaahhh ... I remember Majallet Majad .... Every Wednesday I would get it... In Amman it was so hard to find it and my father used to walk all over downtown asking libraries until he finds it for me ..... Ahhhhh
    (I think you're talking about the magazine, With Kaslan Jiddan, Khalfan wa Fahman, Moza El 7abbouba) Ahhhh This was my first read in my life. And the semi-long stories are what made me love reading

     
  • At October 09, 2006 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    I was a fan of moza el 7abbouba... :) it was my frist read in my life too...

     
  • At October 09, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this post has all the air of a beginning of autobiography! but I would await the unauthorized one :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home