Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

To Munich



Im flying to Munich tomorrow night on a duty trip, and I am so excited... flying for me is like breathing! It's the one thing i appreciate most about my job, as I have a 2 years schengen visa and a ticket ready for me.. and the rest is easy to plan for with all the discounts I get on hotels etc...(in case i decide to fly on a vacation)

It's the only time im all alone, and it's so healthy... the time when I can relax for a change... I feel the minute i step into the plane I turn to a different person, a more confident one... I would even be a stranger to my own self... I'd be more responsible,,, more ummm... it's hard to describe it but it would definitely be someone else... I walk with confidence and elegance (esp with the fact that we have to fly dressing formally or otherwise we'd be downgraded, which- in my opinion- is stupid and silly)!... I remember the first time i had to fly alone i was horrified.. and thought it's the end of the world! I was obsessed in making sure that I have everything with me... and keep cheking for the money, passport and all the documents I need.. I remember feeling so lonely and scared!

Not knowing how I would manage or where to go after getting out of the plane.. and just trying 'as i was taught' to look for the 'baggage claim' sign or follow anyone with a familiar face- who would be in the same flight with me. The first times, i remember walking in the airport with the 'help' look all over my face... and being close to calling my parents every single hour!

The first time I had to stay for a 'two weeks' course i was so homesick, that i seriously thought of cutting the course and going back home... it was something i never want to go through again! it's the worst feeling ever! and then with each course i've learnt to adapt...the secret lays beneath learning the art of adaption! ive learnt that when you fly with the intention of having fun and enjoying your time and putting everything else behind then you won't have any problems, even if you stand in the middle of 20 strangers from all over the world, you'd simply see it as a rare opportunity to make new friends.


In Amman's airport I get to the duty free- this is my favorite part, to check what's there, then i do my phone calls and wake up the people i know from the business lounge... after that I sleep the whole flight listening to music, and I only open my eyes when landing.. ! it'd be a new day with a new start! The weather thing sometimes freaks me out.... it happens so often that i check the internet and it says it's warm, though the minute i get there it starts raining.. but well i miss the rain... and it's just different, even if it's raining it won't be as cold as it gets here..


But there's only one thing that annoys me... and I guess will always stay this way! It's when I get out and see that there's no one waiting for me... it'd feel a little bit strange.. but this time it's different! And im so looking forward to it.. this time im meeting my friends.. and they will be there waiting for me in the arrivals- .. so I'd have someone to hug and someone to smile to when im out... I can't wait!

I won't say how long i'll stay there... i like it more this way... but keep checking my blog, as there will be many photos to come ... many photos taken in MUNICH...!

pictures taken by and life goes on...®

7 Comments:

  • At October 14, 2006 , Blogger Me said...

    Have a safe and nice trip!

     
  • At October 14, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Have a safe trip...
    Enjoy every moment of it...
    troo7i o terja3i bel salameh...

     
  • At October 14, 2006 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    thank you all :)

     
  • At October 15, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your post is so Zen! it's to believe that Munich is in Tibet! 8))
    Enjoy your trip!

     
  • At October 16, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    trou7i ou tirja3i bissalameh...at least u know when u r going back home! i miss home:( have a great time inshallah:)

     
  • At October 18, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Tawwalty, ishta2nalik ya batta

     
  • At October 22, 2006 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido.. thanks sweetie,,, c'mmon cheer up! You just don't think about it and im sure you'll have a great time... wishing you all the best :) whenever you feel down or anything.. know that we'll always be here for you!!

    3amroush... you'd better do miss me.. or otherwise.. :P :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home