Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

What was I thinking!!!?

One of the funny moments which I believe will stay in the memory for a long while, is my speaking IELTS exam.
So i was asked in the IETLS speaking test to talk about a walk I did,,, and I was really dissapointed as for me this wasn't the kind of topic I expected for a 2 minutes talk! I thought for a while and said the first thing that crossed my mind.

'well I used to walk with my fiance but before we got engaged
'HAHA''

It's either the woman didn't like the 'HAHA' part, or as a friend suggested she came from a conservative background.. because I didn't get a good greade in that section!

now when I think of it, I have no idea what on earth was I thinking at that time.. I guess it was not a very smart attempt from me -trying to shift her attention and make her ask questions about something I can keep on talking about for hours and hours without stopping.. my 'T' ! But that of course didn't happen.. anyway,,, im done and this is what really matters though this funny incident would stay on my mind whenever I hear the word IELTS!

5 Comments:

  • At March 27, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    that was funny :-)

    yeah it happens..sometimes your mind just go blank when asked such an unexpected question and you say the first thing that comes to your mind and of course it's not always the smartest thing to say :)
    but if i was in her place, i would have given you a good grade for the sense of humor ;)

     
  • At March 27, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    looool guess it was funny for me but not for her!! hahaha

    seriously this is one of the things that will pop up whenver I hear the word IELTS! :D

     
  • At March 27, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lols.. it does not sound like a bad answer..walking takes important part between any couple..so it is essential element in relationships even! Not only a sport but a lovely activity gives you the chance to talk softly while you walk with your charming prince:)
    If I was in her place I'll like this lovely answer :)

     
  • At March 27, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    I hate the moment I discover a tough crowd : ) like what happened to you the first thing that came to mind is a kind of a joke, and then you see the unappreciative stare !! brrrr horrible

    Better luck next time : )

     
  • At March 27, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    redrose.. :$ I thought so too ! haha we used to walk for minimum an hour or so.. it was fun! especially with the fact that sitting in one place and ordering same things after a while become just too boring!!!

    Tamara... loool yeah wanna tell me about it!!! brrrr horrible is the best expression ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home