Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Sunday, April 08, 2007

*** next

Never in my whole life, I believed in them!
Even before my business trips, not even once I felt I need to follow them.

But now it seems they're the only things that keep me on track and sane!

It might be because of all the things I have on mind, and all the things I need to get, yet I think it's mainly because Im dealing with large amounts of money! And this is the first time to experience such a thing...

I can't live without my checklists and personal excel finance sheets.. though the more I look at my checklists the more things I add, and the longer the list becomes, but nonetheless they seem to be the only things that help me to keep track of time and make me aware of what's still need to be done with the kind of lousy memory I have..

I discovered lately a new passion, and a new conclusion. It's not important to study what you like, what's extremely important is to study what you like to work with.
I love to deal with numbers, calculations, budgeting and all the headaches it cause. I just love it! I love to fit those numbers in my excel sheets, which don't always work properly... but still I love the part where I fit them all and create the equations.. It's so much fun.. plus I do believe it's much more fun to deal with numbers and papers than with people.. after trying what it feels like to have part of your job as a 'customer service'.. I now see it as a big NONO, this is definitely not the kind of thing I want to do for the rest of my life..

The other day we got a call from a passenger asking to be seated with his wife and infant.. there are specific seats for moms with infants designed to carry bassinets.. so the mom and the infants had to sit on that one, but with an aisle between her and her husband because the window seat next to her was occupied.. and the husband got extremely mad and crazy saying 'Is it occupied by a male or female??' (as if we can predict) ,

and then continued 'how dare you do this, do you want my wife to put her head on another man's shoulder while sleeping?!?'... I mean for God's sake can't he just discuss this with his wife privately!!! How can he be this rude to share such thoughts with us!?


Such incidents and many more, gave me a clearer vision of how working in similar fields would sometimes be and how much patience it needs! I think my current job was so much fun considering all the travelling I did,,, it also helped me to be more careful in my next choices and options.. and most importantly provided me with a clear image and a detailed description of what I will be looking for -next ...

4 Comments:

  • At April 08, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    That's why I believe in "kol shi bi wa2to 7ilo" :) And life is full of experiences that make us go forward! Just take it easy and you'll get it all Dima, inshallah:) That guy is so funny...and his wife is a poor lady! hehe

     
  • At April 08, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    good luck with your future : ) I don't think I can live without lists, especially TO DO lists and small reminders ! I'm hopeless I keep forgetting things

     
  • At April 08, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    best of luck in everything you do :)

     
  • At April 09, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido.. she is indeed! I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!!!

    tamara.. Me too! :$ hopeless case! But they're keeping me sane! :)

    Oriental Arabesque.. thank you !

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home