Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

ATTACHED

I don't know if it's good or bad, but I get attached to things in a very weird way.
A friend told me that she always connects songs to people and places.. but for me, It's all about things.

I've always felt disgusted from people who keep (or let's say USE) the gifts they got from previous relationships. I just can't do that, and don't think I will ever be able to understand how they do it.
If Im out of a relationship, then I'd rather THROW everything that has to do with it in the nearest trash. Or maybe I would give it away to people who might need them..
If you get a watch as a gift from someone, and then that someone does no longer exist, then what's normal and logical is for you not to wear it ever again.. you should simply go buy a new one, or if you are from the 'cheap type', you should ask the one you are with- to get you a new watch so that at least you'd be comfortable with yourself when wearing it 'proudly'!
It seriously makes me disgusted.. just to think or imagine that some people have the guts to do this!

Gifts are given for a reason, in a particular occasion or event.,, they're supposed to be given out of love. If that love is no longer there or even worse turned to hatred, then why to keep such things around! They would turn to useless, meaningless, insignificant clutter.. that we should get rid of without a second thought.

If a gift was given from someone who hurt me, then I would definitely keep it as far as possible, looking at it would just bring bad memories that should be buried forever.
So why to bother and to feel down every time you look at it.. spare yourself all those annoying feelings.. and just let go!

I would never ever be able to look at things that I got from people whom I consider -meeting them from the beginning was a mistake,,, let alone keeping or using them! Yiiiiiiikes. The nearest trash,,, this is where they belong ...

16 Comments:

  • At May 10, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What I would do is to return them instead of throwing them away… let him have them, because I can’t keep them any more, it hurts every time I look at them, I just don’t want them around.. but I don’t throw them.. I send them, mail them, give them to someone who can give it back to him.. but not throwing them.. after all you got them in a special occasion, it was suppose to be a happy one…the memory will last forever .. but I definitely won’t use them

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well, everyone has an opinion, but mine is that not everything should go to the trash, I think some things should remain and kept save as to remember incidents and how you've been a person in the past. I think some presents are things that cannot be ever thrown away so easily

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger Dar said...

    Tab faradan , for a reson or another , everything went good with that someone whom u threw all the stuff he got u away !!! how would that feel , especially if he tells you that he kept everything from you and thought that it will never end , and you should be back ot each others ?!

    CheeerZ!

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Maioush.. I wouldn't really like to get back the things I got for someone who's kicked out of my life, cause it will end up in the trash too.. so I'd rather for him to throw them, but what I can't understand is when people still use those things.. know what i mean
    !?! :S

    Tito84.. to be strong is to be able to throw the most precious things easily ;)

    Dar.. for me to throw things away -as I get attached easily to everything- means that there's a NO NO way back to that relationship.. !

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    I very much agree with you. I treasure everything I get from a special person. I used to even keep movies tickets (to remind me of those dates) and the napkins where they scribbled some sweet words for me, I even kept the empty perfume bottles (i know what you’re thinking, a total freak! i know :p) but as you said the moment everything ended I couldn’t keep a single gift or memory. It’s a torture I can tell…so why do that to ourselves.

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Oriental Arabesque.. not a freak! I'd also keep all those things YET would get rid of them ALL, and I mean ALL if it's over.. even if they're precious, a necklace, a watch.. they would mean nothing to me if the love is gone! I'd never imagine myself being with someone and wearing a thing from an ex.. ewww!!! ewww!!

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    I'd never imagine myself being with someone and wearing a thing from an ex..

    ohhh..akeeeed..aslan i consider it disrespect and este'7faf bi the person you're with now!

     
  • At May 10, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Oriental Arabesque.. weird AND disgusting, believe it or not,, some people do that! How can they be emotionally disconnected to this degree :S ?!
    !!!

    ummmm.... *wondering*

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It is absolutely the right thing to do..After a break up, gifts should be returned. This also allow a clean cut break, with no hard feelings and a chance for a brand new start without the attachments to things as a reminder of what was..

    On a side note, how is your tooth ?? are you getting ready for your big day ?? :)

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    noura.. :D ! my tooth feels nothing now, the nerve was pulled out.. and it just feels great! though the needle would stay there forever :S the dentist said some people live with bullets in their bodies so a thin needle wouldn't hurt :$

    The big day.. ummm!! where should I start?! :$ Yeah it's getting closer, im so excited.. with each passing day I get more and more excited.. still so many things to do, yet I can now proudly say.. that Im done with the hardest part ;) and now it's time to tan, and enjoy things !!!

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Blogger Sam said...

    i totally agree with you, let by gones be by gones...what is the point of keeping things from a previous relationships! :)

    btw i addes u as a facebook friend..i hope u do not mind..

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Sam .. being cheap maybe!!! :D that's the only point I can think of, especially if im in a new relationship.. :S

    Of course I don't mind ;)

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Blogger di.di said...

    last time, during college time i used to return those gifts or throw away all the photos...

    but now after few years of maturity i've found out that i dont mind keeping it. it doesnt mean i still need to wear it or look at it 24/7 but who knows in 30 years time, when i dig into my old box it may bring back all the memories.... for every single memory it has become a part of me.

     
  • At May 11, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Drama Div@.. maybe you're right, keeping them- BUT AWAY... What I don't get is when some people still wear those things :S This is what I can never ever do!

     
  • At May 16, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hehehe Dima, you have such a strong personality and I admire that :)

    I think you are right. When you are with someone new, then the least you can do is be loyal to them and only them.

    The things you keep from previous relationships are like memories you certainly do not need ;)

     
  • At May 16, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Hala .. :$ you made me blush! worthy men look for women with strong personalities ;)

    it falls under 'respecting the person you're with' category.. this is the least you can do when starting a new relationship.. how cheap would it be to wear a shirt, or a watch or such a thing given from an ex.. EwwWWwwwW!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home