Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Monday, May 21, 2007

count your BLESSINGS

The past week made me realise that there are many things that we take for granted, and we just don't apprecaite all the blessings we have until we go through the pain of losing them,, or some of them! Especially those that are related to health issues.. No matter how happy you are, when you're in physical pain.. happiness would lose its meaning, and only one thing would haunt your thoughts.. 'how long would it take.. when will it be over!!!?'

I had one of the toughest week, and then another week.. and hopefully the nightmare will be over! Not even for once it occured to me that I will have to do an operation this month... when I have plenty and plenty of things to do and many unfinished stuff .. all the organising and planning will be stopped for now.. when I thought nothing can stop me! Not at this point!

Simple things become so precious.. the ability to sit, run, walk or just move.. the ability to sleep peacefully,, and being able to drive.. or just go out ,, smell some fresh air.. I stayed in bed for so long that sleeping for me now means a waste of time.. I can't imagine spending another week in bed! But well there's no other choice.. i guess!

Through it all, not even once I felt lonely... I was never alone! my mobile was always ringing, and of course my friends were all there..which- as usual - made things much easier.

It's ironic how we always have a plan, I had a plan for this week and the coming week and the week after,, and last week.. and never -not even for once- it occured to me that something might go wrong.. ! That I should stay in bed.. Never it occured to me that I would need to use my sick leave now.. and not by the end of June.

But well .. all I say now is il 7amdilla.. it could've been worse! A couple of weeks ... and I'll be jumping around everywhere..

Thank God.. It could've been much worse..

5 Comments:

  • At May 21, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Habeeebti Dima!! Salamtik:( I'm sure it's going to get better, in no time, and as you said you'll be jumping soon!! I was worried about you after our last chat, but I thought there wont be an operation:( Il 7amdillah 3ala kol shi...I'll always pray for you!! xoxo take care of yourself!

     
  • At May 21, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    Dima

    Salamtek ya rab, I hope you feel better soon.

    And you are so right, we almost never stop to count our blessings.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    Salamtek alf salameh...hope it will be over very soon

    take good care of yourself :)

     
  • At May 22, 2007 , Blogger Diana said...

    You are sooo right!
    I've never really realized the value of the simple things that we take for granted in our lives until the war broke out in Lebanon last summer.
    Haven't I went through hard times, I wouldn't have appreciated the value of the simple blessings God granted us.

    Salamtek :)

     
  • At May 22, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Diana.. thank you! going through the bad makes you appreciate the simple things that we do and have everyday. One should always count his blessings.. :$

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home