Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Friday, May 25, 2007

NERVOUS... yeah RIGHT!

The other day I had this extremely annoying, difficult to please or deal with- passenger, so I decided to cut it short and act in a way that would cause less mess and trouble .. I planned to nod my head and agree to whatever he says.. just because If I disagree, I'll get into an endless , crazy argument that would only make me feel mad, bad and in the mood to pick a fight with anyone around just to let it all out... and would get us to nowhere.. really!

He started by asking me the same question that he's been continuously asking for the past few months.. and this is one of the reasons that made me strongly believe now, that some people should not be helped, or offered any advice.. they will cause nothing but a headache.
He was trying to get his wife into his family points system account,,, I told him that I need her Jordanian passport to do so (because those are the rules) .. but since his wife doesn't have one.. he just wanted to throw his anger at me..

I was explaning that Im not the one who came up with those rules, if it was up to me I'd add her and the whole neighbourhood.. but he kept on saying how mean they can be not to think of the possibility that someone might get married to a different nationality holder..
I said I understand your point and I really know what you mean .. you're totally right!
This is when he said .. well it seems that you just want to say anything, just anything, to stop me from talking... now, you're standing by my side so that I would have nothing to argue about!!!! Again, I tried to remember all the communication skills' courses I've attended, and of all the nice things in the world.. the sea.. the beach.. the sounds of the birds, so that I wouldn't lose my temper.

Then he just went on and on talking about it.. his wife, children.. and everything that comes to his mind -seems like he wants to talk but there's no one to listen so he said.. oh why not! I can talk now about my personal issues.. and as I seriously had so many things to do, I couldn't think of anything else to say but .. aha, yeah, aha.. then the bomb got exploded when he said... oh now it seems you're not even in the mood to listen to what I say.. not in the mood at all..

Of course Im not in the mood to listen to what you say! Im not here to listen to your family stories.. nor to your life problmes... !

To think of that now, I won't be taking it from anyone anymore.. Im NOT EDGY!!! So stop saying that .. one who handles this shit almost everyday should be considered anything but that..

*sigh*

18 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger Sam said...

    o no...*lol* this is why i changed my career from marketing to accounting..i got sooo sick of dealing with people's crab...do u work for RJ??

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Sam.. LOL and this is why Im changing my career to something that has to do with numbers (finance).. No more customer service for me!! Im fed up! The less you deal with people.. the better and more convenient it is! i'd rather spend my time dealing with numbers, and papers!

    I work for LH :)

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    My god… I deal with patients like him ALL THE TIME!!!
    But I feel really bad for them, they are sick, they are worried, the least I can do is just to make them feel better.. but I still hate it sometimes .. I mean they can be really annoying

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Maioush.. yeah but the difference is that this one is not sick, and not in pain.. he's like this everyday - all the time! whenever he comes or calls .. we know there is problem!

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger S.N. said...

    Hi Dima, been a while since I passed by your blog.
    I'm interested to know what kind of work you do.
    Dealing with people in any job is always a challenge, because we are all different, so we need to be treated differently :)

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    S.N. .. oh HII! :) well I used to do many things and customer service was part of it.. but no need to get into details now as i'll be leaving in less than a month :D im excited.. as it's not the right place for me if Im to look at myself in 10 years time! It has no career path whatsoever.. and has no appreciation for the hard work the 5 employees do in handling the high season every summer!

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    As told you, I worked at one point for a big airline in Beirut..As much as I loved my job and talking to people, it is inevitable that one customer like this one will come along to ruin the feeling..I have met some good, nice people and some were just the opposite, it all balances out at the end..Now for some reason that we are talking about it,I find myself missing that place!!!
    It is good that you will have a chance to start over..Best of luck:)

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Noura.. I know exactly what you mean! As for some nice people, I offer all kind of help and do whatever is asked and much more, just because they deserve it and you'd help them with a big smile on your face.. but others just ruin it all for you!

    I will miss it for sure, my desk, my ID, Seeheim (the training center), my travels, colleagues all around the world, and the many funny incidents and stories that happen everyday! I will even miss my morning nescafe there.. but I believe that everything happens for the best, when I move to the next place, I'll be having new memories and new precious moments.. c'est la vie :)

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    That was annoying! Really! But believe me at the end, you'll be surprized of how great you are dealing with different kinds of people in your life! Your current job is like taking big courses in communication!

    This "I'd add her and the whole neighbourhood" made me laugh! hehe

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido .. loool! yeah.. ma your reach this level where you just say things you can't control.. inno ishway tanieh - 7il 3anny mishan allah! :D haha

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    customer service jobs are the worst desk jobs you could ever have! you have to be nice to people who are often stupid, rude or just plain annoying and you don't get paid enough to talk to fools. but anyways look on the bright side, you will start something new in a far, far away land where the people speak funny, they take kangaroos to work, they hunt crocodiles for fun, live with snakes and lizards and to top it all up they are fortunate enough to live across the ditch from us kiwis who they always lose to in rugby :)

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    SS... loooooooooool that's a nice, interesting, creative description! now im just too excited :P have you ever been there?

    I've always wanted to see a kangaroo! Yalla now it is happening.. I want to see a dolphin too! I love them and I can't believe I spent 25 years of my life without seeing any :S

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    naw Ive only seen it by plane and was at Melbourne airport for an hour. Everyone I know says Melbourne is nicer, more sophisticated than Sydney. But you're not gonna see a kangaroo unless it's in the zoo or the outback :P And dolphins? hmmm I think they have a lot of sharks there! If you're going in July then you will enjoy the rain, 6 months in Dubai and that's what I miss most. There's such a thing as toooo much sun :S

    But life can be so much easier over there than in the middle east. Things can go very smoothly and you won't miss the food, they've got it all, if only the aussies didn't there it would be paradise hehe

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    SS.. haha yeah i can imagine! and in Dubai the problem is not only with the 'too much sun' but with the humidity too :S

    yeah Nimer told me about the all kind of food thing.. so i guess now this means i should learn how to cook :S can't come up with any excuse.. iffft :$ :S

     
  • At May 26, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    yeah you should both learn how to cook cuz I've been in the position where you spend years without having home cooked meals and eating out will get you sick very quick! Also you need to be careful with the foods you do eat outside, they put bacon and ham in everything :s even when you think you're eating mince meat and they call it beef mince, it could have a % of pork mince in it!

    oh and it'll take a while to get used to the accent too. Abid's accent is nothing compared to some of the others there :P

     
  • At May 27, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    SS.. ummm this is scary :$ If Abed's accent is nothing compared to some of the others.. God help me then !!! WOW!

     
  • At May 27, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    hehe yeah people always thought I'd come back with that kinda accent but I only picked up a very small bit when I say some words and besides the kiwi accent is so much softer and bearable!

     
  • At June 15, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lets keep this civil kiwi! I would just like to say BaaaaaBaaaa ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home