Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

YES.. i know

I think I need to change the way I act and react towards certain things and some issues. Im really bad when it comes to anything that has to do with asking for my rights! Maybe because I get shy and all.. or maybe it's because I just hate to hear the word 'NO'. So I'd rather not ask from the first place.

But one thing I know for sure now is that you should never be too good, or at least you should not make them get used to the good side. They will just ask for more and more... I remember when I was first employed, I was too shy to say that the salary is not good enough. And then later on when I had all the work loaded and kept getting more and more things to do.. I was too shy to ask for a raise! I was too shy to say it's enough.. that Im fed up and I need a break!

And since I like to work and get really mad when I have nothing to do, from my 18 -annual leave- days, I never took more than a week - for three years now.. and this only made them used to me being around, so when I ask for a day off .. it would feel really odd for me and for them!!!

The other day I was out with a friend, and she was telling me that she's looking for someone or a particular party to fund her masters studies.. and then she went to her boss and asked him to help -if he can! I was looking at her and saying WOW.. I get too shy to ask for a day or two off,, and if I take any I would always give an excuse immediately even without being asked for one! What she did for me meant a ... WOW... I would never have the courage to do such a thing.

But I know it's not right, and with this attitude I'll get to no where.. I hope with time and experience I will get to this point where I'd ask for my rights loudly and strongly...

Nodding your head and saying YES to whatever offered is not good enough to get you to where you want..

It will just make you a follower...

7 Comments:

  • At May 24, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    with all kinds of jobs I've had, it became easier for me to ask for my rights, to be more open and to tell the employers how I really feel about working for them! It takes time to gain such strength but it really makes me feel good. I used to be really REALLY shy, But not anymore:D

     
  • At May 24, 2007 , Blogger kinzi said...

    Honey, you are getting married! Start practicing asking for what you need, as men aren't mind readers. Sometimes you have to spell it out, they forget, and you have to suffer the mortification of asking AGAIN!

    I was the same way. Now I ask, and I get!

     
  • At May 24, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido.. yeah maybe settling in one place for almost 3 years don't really help! it makes things worse.. i get more shy with each day :S :$

    kinzi.. haha, thank you Kinzi! well im the hinting type.. i keep throwing hints and hope that the person would analyze and understand :D ;)

     
  • At May 24, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    You know the first time will be the hardest, when you ask for your rights which may be a raise or an assistant or any thing else, but with time it will get easier and easier.

    Now tell my supervisor, so how about that raise : )

     
  • At May 24, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Tamara.. EXACTLY! I think i just need a first time.. ;) HAHA But now it's too late here, next job I guess I'll have to apply this all :D

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    GIIIIIRL.. you are so nice, you have to see me at work, I used to do the same thing until people got used to the fact that I’m the one who never complains no matter how busy I get or no matter hours I works, until one day (and that wasn’t long time ago) I blew up in everybody’s face that I can’t take it any more, and I’m not doing anybody’s work from now on.. finish your damn job and leave me ALONE :D
    Since then I’m the queen in my office, they think a million times before asking me for a favor LOOOOOOOOL .. god I’m turning really bad :D

     
  • At May 25, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Maioush.. yeah well i think it's too late for this.. i've already passed this stage, and it's mainly my fault.. I used not to mind at all, and that's because I go mad if i have nothing to do.. but well ra7at 3alai! I should've done so many things.. asking for a raise long time ago, asking for a promotion.. asking for so many things! :S

    Good for you though, at least you've put some limits and showed them that you're not to be used anymore!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home