Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

It's the Beginning

I had a tough emotional day at work! I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I didn't imagine it would be this hard.. I started to clean up my things, and to put away my pink funky glittery long pens... the bling bling mugs and all the mess! And of course my Kenya- nescafe mug.

I decided to send a farewell e-mail to my LH colleagues all over the world- to let them know that my last day at work would be wednesday the 20th of June and that they can contact me at my personal e-mail. I didn't expect all the deeply touching e-mails I got, I had goose bumps while reading some.. and I was close to tears.
I have a mixture of different feelings,,, it's extremely sad to leave after 3 years. I don't deny that there were many times when I felt frustrated, down and mad at things but now as Im leaving I cant remember anything other than the good times and the precious moments I've spent there.

Coming Wednesday, I know it will be harder.. I can't imagine passing by later on and seeing someone else using my computer, my chair, my desk! And I can't imagine how painful it would be to give the place one last look before I leave.

My colleagues at work are getting me a farewell gift, and It just feels weird as I still remember a year ago - us doing the same thing to a colleague who left to the States. Back then I had no idea that a year after -it will be my turn. It affects me so deeply hearing the words 'you will be terribly missed'!.

My weakness point is my sensitivity! Being too emotional is something I wish I can change!
I look back at the past three years and think of how different I've become,,, of all the experiences I gained,, all the friendships I've made,,, and all the travelling I did! I look back and feel proud of who I am today, and how far I've come. The responses I got after announcing my resignation makes me realise that those past three years will be remembered not only by me, but by everyone who knew me and was part of them..
I look at my LH ID, LH business card, uniform, certificates,,, and I smile.. as Im moving forward with all the positivenss.. knowing that It's the beginning for me and a new bright start.

24 Comments:

  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    Very nice and touching!! You are right! It's just the beginning:)
    Three years working there...wow!
    Best wishes Dima!!

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Awww, you will be leaving with lots of beautiful memories. Wish you all the best, and I hope you make a great new beginning :)

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido.. 3 years!!! Can you believe it! I still remember my first day, week, course.. etc! I will miss it for sure :$ But well, I guess it's time to move forward..

    Hala.. thank you dear! Yeah so many sweet memories! It was my first job after all.. :$

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    this is so touchy Dima..whis you all the best

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger PŕōuđPāŀĩ said...

    aww thats exactly what i felt when i left my job at AB, worked there for 3 years also. big number of friends i made along the years.. sending that farewell email was hard :( and receiving 180 replies even before the day was over was overwhelming..

    now i look back and smile, life is a series of meetings and partings, its only the beginning as u said, it doesnt have to be the ending of a beautiful thing, can be the transformation of it into another form :)

    all the best bannout :hug:

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    I have been in the same place for the last four years, it feels like home, I can't imagine if I had to leave how that will feel.

    I guess you just have to look forward to the new great experiences you will have, and keep a positive attitude : )

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your nickname is: "and life goes on"...

    :)

    Good luck, and make a start for even better memories

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    very touching! i'm sure they'll all miss u just like u will :)

    i've been working in the same place for 8 years now! i'm trying to imagine how it would be like if i decided to leave one day!

    best of luck, and i'm sure lots of better careers, experiences,feelings..etc are waiting for you :)

    life is all about changes

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Jasmina said...

    It's gonna be a change for good inshallah. Best wishes.

    BTW, I have uploaded some wedding pix on my flickr, check them out when you log to your flickr.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Gardenia.. Thank you dear :)

    PŕōuđPāŀĩ .. I didn't expect to get so many touching e-mails too! It brought back many precious memories and treasured moments.

    As you said 'life is a series of meetings and partings'.. this is just the beginning! :)

    Tamara .. It would feel bad and sad! :S but as bad as it feels- I know for a fact that im doing the right thing! Especially when you're ambitious and in a place where you feel it's more like a dead end.. you move in a static line and there's nothing or no way that can make you improve.. !!!

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Hani ... thank you!!!! And yes this is what I've been telling myself.. 'and life goes on' :)

    Oriental Arabesque ... 8 years!!! that's a WOW.. So it's more like a career for you than a job :) it's even more than a home.. i wouldn't imagine how leaving would feel like at that point :$ definitely SCARY!!!

    Life is all about changes and looking for better opportunities.. Doing my masters is something I've always wanted and wished for :)

    Jasmina.. thank you! :) I will check them for sure.. :D

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Jasmina .. very nice photos! mabrouk to her and to the groom.. she's glowing! I can see the big change the Lighting can do.. the pink is lovely! gives it a magical touch.. thanks for sharing :$

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Tololy said...

    Good luck with your fresh start Dima :)

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Life said...

    Its not easy.. thats for sure!
    But new starts are always good...

    WISH YOU ALL LUCK! :wardeh: :)

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Diana said...

    You know Dima, I was about to write about the same thing. Unbelievable!
    I've just left my job where I spent three years too, and I'm having the same feelings that you've just described.

    as you said, it's only the beginning.
    Best of luck! :)

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger Sam said...

    aw..i know leaving your job is hard..especially if you have been there for long...:( hang in there:)

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Tololy.. thankkkk youu :$ :)

    Life.. yeah this is how I see it! a fresh start towards what's better inshalla ... :)

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Diana .. Good luck to you too!! I think it will pass.. and we'll have new memories that will replace the old ones.. life, Oh life! :)

    Sam .. I am :$ tomorrow is my last day! :) it feels nice because I have many things to do and I need to rest and relax, but a little bit sad :$

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger Ammar said...

    I remember the story about the lady who wanted to travel to the states via frankfurt for free or something..that was the first time I read yr blog!

    A new Chapter is about to unravel..with lots of pink and fluffy happy times inshallah, the previous chapter has to come to an end for a new one to begin..it's how life goes..on!

    Have some cotton candy..its pink.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    lucky you.. you are taking charge of your future. i wish you happiness in your new endeavorers.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Ammar.. your comments always make me speechless! a new chapter is about to begin.. with lots of new events and pink action ;) I thank you for all your sincere comments, and Im honored to have you as one of my blog readers :$

    Rebellious Arab Girl .. thank you dear! Just like me, Im sure you'll get to this point too.. you deserve all the best and you will get it soon inshalla...

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger Ammar said...

    La ya sitti..the honor is all mine!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This place will always have a corner in your heart no matter where you go.. It is the same book but you are writing a different chapter on a new page..and you will have a co-writer too, but u stay in charge ;)
    I really wish you luck, am sure that all will work out to the best..Happiness always :D

     
  • At July 02, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    hmmm you have been very quiet lately and so has Nimer. Kinda like the calm before the storm eh :P

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home