Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Monday, June 18, 2007

it's just too weird!!

I've been listening to some of the wedding planners' ideas for weddings they have planned for and are proud of .. I've seen some photos today, and all I can say is that people seriously have DIFFERENT tastes. It seems what I consider as unthinkable, silly and way too bizzare is seen for others as unique, creative and lovely.

I was shocked from some of the photos I've seen,,, I was surprised from some of the ideas that were applied.. and I was just thinking did those couples seriously believe that this is 'creativity'!

Im not with the too simple, but again Im not with the odd! If you want a unique thing then come up with something different but that doesn't have to look as if it's from another planet! You don't have to be an alien.

Two brothers getting married on the same day and having one wedding is a little bit weird, let alone having them seated in two nests! So the two nests were next to each other, surrounded by trees with the sounds of singing birds in the background... I personally think it's just too weird.. and not even cute!
Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile


Im not against choosing a theme, but it would be more special when it has something to do with the couple's story! I can't see a point in having a snow theme when the weather is just too hot..
I just don't see anything special in having the bride and groom sitting with a Buddha in the middle,,, a Buddha on every single table, and given to every single guest! This is what I see as STRANGE in an ugly way!

I don't enjoy seeing the couple perform, and I can't think of how dull would it be for people to watch the groom coming out from Aladdin's magical lamp! Maybe for some people it's fun, and maybe Im just too classical, but I wouldn't really enjoy putting up a performance! And I wouldn't enjoy watching one!

Creativity lies in being natural.. in being you ! No need to be creative in an odd -unacceptable way.. people are coming to share your happiness and they expect to share it with YOU.. not with someone who's performing on a stage! You are a star on your day so there's no need to ruin it with such crazy -too weird- ideas!

15 Comments:

  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger Sam said...

    wow no way..people do that??coming out of a lamb!that is just too much! i like it simple and traditional...and the two brothers getting married thing..that is so annoying..

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    sam.. yeah! EXACTLY! it's just too much... :S

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger kinzi said...

    Too wierd, and Roba posted about a Greco-Roman sword fight? A sign of future fights to come between the bride and groom?

    Glad you are there to be a link back to sanity, good taste and class for your wedding!

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck my dear, walahi it’s hard these days with all the weird things we are seeing in weddings!! In the past 3 years I attended the weirdest weddings you can imagine, a bride coming from the sealing, and another walking in a boat, don’t let me start, it’s like you are attending a play or a movie, but for sure not a wedding.
    God bless you, I know how busy you are now, you have a lot to take care of, alf mabrook ya amar :)

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger Tamara said...

    OMG ! that is so stupid, I find most of the weddings in Jordan artificial, and what is the deal with the " kosheh or loje" its so stupid if its your wedding why are you stuck on a platform, that for me is artificial the examples you gave are just out of this world to me.

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    kinzi.. Yeah I just saw it, Nimer sent it to me today! haha.. it's just silly! From where do they get such weird ideas.. im wondering :S

    Maioush.. thank you sweets and 3o'balek!! :D yeah I've heared about the boats theme too.. I can't imagine how would it feel for the bride and groom and how would the ones who are attending feel.. !! :)

    Tamara.. Yeah I know what you mean! And i was trying my best to avoid the stage thing.. but im not sure if i'll be able to.. because they told me the DJ can sit in the middle and we'd be sitting on the side.. i found that weird too.. so im still not sure on what to do :S

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    First of all, Alf mabrook.

    Yeah, you can speak about "creative" ideas for ever :)

    I wasnt so creative in my wedding, but I had to change some of the boring things done during it, such the cake show!

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger Mais said...

    I totally agree!
    uniqueness lies in simplicity and not in being sophisticated!

    i presonally think it's harder for ppl to be special, elegant, unique and simple at the same time..it's a talent :-)

    the only "zafeh" i liked a lot and found it different yet simple was in a wedding i attended last year in Dubai, when the groom entered the ballroom first with jama3et el zafeh (it was a lebanese one), wearing a 3abaya over his suite (the same theme the zafeh guys were wearing) and covering his face (metel fursan zaman el mulathameen :D)of course no one knew it was the groom..kan mbayen wa7ad min el fer2a.. then dabak ma3houn shwai..ba3deen he took off the 3abaya and face cover..at the same time we saw the bride on the screen with her dad outside the ballroom..taking the stairs down to the place...at that time the groom went out of the room...the bride's dad salamo yaha by the end of the stairs and they both entered the ballroom together again...
    i found it nice and different yet not so ta3jeeb or weird :)


    i talk a lot!! sorry :o)

     
  • At June 18, 2007 , Blogger Jasmina said...

    Hehe, you made me laugh about those "creative ideas", may God be with you! Just be your self and your ideas cause it's a night to remember forever.

    I'm adding a lovely pix from a friend's wedding to my flickr, check it out if you want.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have attended a wedding where the bride and groom were sitting most of the time, looked very artificial.. nothing like a classy yet simple ceremony..everthing should flow naturally..
    Good luck :)

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Hani.. thank you! :) there are some of the things that are done in every wedding and it just gets too boring.. I agree! But I prefer the normal classical way than doing the unacceptable :$

    Oriental Arabesque .. :D some ideas are different but acceptable and others are just too odd.. it depends on the person really! But as for me, I like the simplicity.. I see the beauty lies in what's simple and elegant,, at weddings creativity might be a negative thing :$

    Rula .. thank you Rula! that's so sweet of you.. marbouk for her and 3o'balek :)

    Noura.. EXACTLY! 'everthing should flow naturally'.. :) and most importantly the ideas in the wedding should represent the bride and groom..(not the wedding planner) !

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger Unknown said...

    That was sooo funny!! I can tell how your reaction was to such CREATIVE ideas! Loooool...I once saw such themes, but not as crazy as what you've mentioned and then I asked the planner to stop! For me the simpler the more beautiful:)
    I know you have a unique taste since ever...and I'm sure it's going to be really nice! Don't lsn to those aliens! hehe...Do what you feel suits you both:) It's happening really soon, and I hope you're not stressing out...It'll all be great...and I can't wait:D

     
  • At June 19, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    nido .. Thank you nido~! Yeah it's happening really soon! Im so excited.. and Im almost done with the final touches.. il 7amdilla so far so good! But stil you know how it is.. there will still be things to do in the last minute :$
    Im sure you're excited too.. I guess July will be a the sweetest month of the year :$

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Aladdin and the lamp.. now that is hilarious.. lool

     
  • At June 20, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Rebellious Arab Girl .. LOL oh yeaaaah!! And i can imagine him coming out of the lamp with this silly big smile thinking he's funny and cute.. and i can imagine people around him looking shocked and confused ! :)_

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home