Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Monday, August 06, 2007

a BREAK

We still didn't really start the semester and I already feel like taking a break! What I like about it is the fact that I chose to take my lectures at night. It suits me more since Im not a morning person and with this I'll be able to concentrate more on all what's given in the lecture and to have more time to study in the morning. During the past two or so weeks I came to realize that cooking is not my favorite part and that ironing is more fun than it sounds. And that you can't wash colored clothes with white.

Studying here is nothing like back home.. students have to do all the work and more.. there are some courses with no exams at all, but instead they ask you to work on a 3,500 words' project.. and it's then when you think, Oh I miss the normal exams' days.
Whenever it gets harder I keep thinking that in two years time I'll look at myself and say WOW this is the best thing I have done.

What's surprising is when we're out somewhere, and we decide it's time to go back home.. the minute we unlock the door, It feels nice.. home sweet home! So I already have this feeling of belonging to this place.. this is nice!

What I like the most about living here is that time flies, there are times when I miss it back home (not the place as much as the people- family and friends) - and it's shocking how the circle of people you'd miss becomes smaller with time and all the things one have to do ! I like the fact that there are so many things to do every single day and so many assignments to complete and books to read that this hardly leave me anytime to think about anything else, to be the drama queen, or to reflect my annoying emotional side.

Time difference can be a real pain in the ass sometimes, but then again I think it's not that bad, as if there was no time difference I'd be confused trying to live two different lives instead of concentrating on the one Im actually living.
It's when you stop the counting, and live the present (not just living it but enjoying it) is when you can get your mind focused on the things you are doing, and this is the only way to get your future plans closer and more real.

14 Comments:

  • At August 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Dima. May I ask where you live now? - or is that suppose to be a secret.

    Well anyway, I think it's great that you're starting to feel at home there.

     
  • At August 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good to hear your news ya madam :D Are you taking good care of my buddy? :)

    I absolutely know what you mean when you say, you're HOME! This is really what home is. The place you drop down all your worries and social masks .. something you couldn't do at home. No matter how much space you had

    Yalla .. study hard. Take care of yourself and of the fantastic & lucky guy you're married to.

     
  • At August 06, 2007 , Blogger Maioush said...

    Oh Dima, I’m so happy to hear that you are that busy, school, and house chores, I mean that’s great :)
    And about living 2 lives in 2 different time zones, LOL, welcome to our lives dear, I’ve been living like that for the past few years, it’s like a part of you still lives there for some reason, when ever somebody asks me what time is it? My answer will be it’s X and in the back of my head (it’s now Y) tell you what, I love it :)
    I’m really really happy for you Dima :D

     
  • At August 06, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    jason.. if it's a secret then I wouldn't put the photos I've taken in the http://dudettesblog.blogspot.com/
    2007/07/major-change.html#links
    post! easy to figure out.. ha!

    thank you.. i think it's great too :)

    Qwaider.. lol madam!!! it feels home because if i don't make myself feel this way I'd pack and go back.. this is the only way to live it and enjoy it.. :)
    He's fantastic yes .. lucky ummm!!- we'll leave that to him to judge ;) hahaha

    Maioush.. hahaha so now you feel with me.. it's funny but I have it stored with the F12 option in my MAC. (Amman's Time).. but now I realized It doesn't need lots of calculations.. the night here means the morning there, and the night there means the morning here!!!!

    thank you dear :)

     
  • At August 06, 2007 , Blogger Sam said...

    im glad to see u r liking your new home..it all depends on your attitude towards the place u like in..u can either complain and make yourself crazy hating it...or just go with the flow , take the good and come to terms with the bad..no like someone i know back home! aka my hubby...
    it is good u r very busy..busy is good:)

     
  • At August 06, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    It's good to hear that you are adjusting well.. The faster the better, this way you can concentrate on your new life.. I was on the phone with my relatives in Sydney "difference of 14 hours between us", they are very happy, you will love it there..I know there is nothing like Amman or Beirut ;)but foreign land will have to do for now..Their education system is different than ours and requires more work, but you will be fine :)

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ah man..You're teasing me aren't you? I can't figure it out.

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    well, as for madam??....i guess u will need more time to get used to the new title...i found it hard to get used to it!!!
    i am so happy for u, u have a nice attitude and some ppl wont accept change easily, but u enjoy it to the tilt and mostly u know how to handle it perfectly...
    inshalla good luck at school and wish u happiness with ur man...
    peace to all
    afaf

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Sam.. exactly! it all depends on your attitude towards the place. If you have it in your mind that you will be homesick and won't adjust then there's no way on earth you'd be happy.
    I remember there were times when I felt homesick from a two weeks course!!!! and that was only because before leaving I felt like not going.

    I think your hubby needs time to adjust.. or maybe if you happen to go back home and start a life there he'll see the differences and decide to go back and give it a second try! Anyway good luck :)

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Noura.. yeah the first ones to celebrate the new year with a very hot Christmas and Santa Clause dancing on the beach ;)

    I like that it's somehow like Dubai.. it's a mixture of all nationalities, It's hard to feel as a foreigner since everyone is a foreigner. This is the way I felt when I was in Dubai and fortunately when Im here now too!

    afaf.. haha! yeah! It definitely takes time to get used to the title.. ;) well it's normal, if you don't get this attitude you won't adjust.. so it's either this or that :D

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Blogger PŕōuđPāŀĩ said...

    damdooooooom! alf mabrook bannout! so nice to have u back :D hope everything was magical and hope the new life and change is as magnificant as u want it to be. wish u all the best 'down under' and mwah! :hug tafghees: missed ur pink corner :D

     
  • At August 07, 2007 , Blogger Life said...

    I love how you write your mind.. I get speechless when I have so much to talk about..

    We are having more of this learning system here in jordan..
    The open learning system... thats how i study.. In the Arab open university..
    I Personally enjoy it!
    Good luck..

     
  • At August 09, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    PŕōuđPāŀĩ .. among all the bloggers whom I've missed.. your were on the top of the list :D Thanks a lot.. it was all that i wanted and more - il 7amdilla.. now i'm having a fresh new start.. im trying to catch up with all the posts I've missed, and when it started to feel hard, I thought well it's better to keep track with what's new ;) so i'll be visiting your corner all the time ;)

     
  • At August 09, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    life.. thank you :) sometimes I feel it's easier for me to write than to speak .. this is why I believe blogging is one of the healthiest thing one can think of ;)

    Im enjoying it.. but it's new. and needs lots and lots of work.. though it keeps me busy, and this is something I really need :) Good luck to you too sweets.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home