Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Why I LOVE Facebook


I have read many posts but with a different title .. those who are against it.. with the 'Why I hate Facebook', but I have never really understood why!!!

I used to like it before coming here.. but now I just love it!

the reason is simple.. it's the easiest and most convenient way to stay in touch with everyone.. all the time.

Im seriously glad that this thing was created before I got here.. It's the fastest link to everything that happens back home, and everywhere else.. and since I have an issue with taking photos and posting photos.. It's always fun having 29 albums with God knows how many photos.. it was great sharing some of our wedding albums with friends all over the world..

I don't need to memorize e-mail addresses, or to save them anymore.. I don't need to download photos and send them in e-mails, and think about something to write in those e-mails..

It's all cool.. but what I really like is the limited profile thing.. so you don't have to make everyone sees everything you post there.. and you can also have limited access to photos.. which is even greater!

It makes me feel closer to everyone.. despite the fact that Im not! And the greatest part of all is that I don't feel Im missing a lot.. I know what's going on back home, I know everyone's news.. I really can't get why some people don't like it!!!

Though what I have noticed recently.. even for those who were so against it at first.. saying I will never ever have a facebook account or such things, are finding it hard to stand against the temptation for long, and they're just giving up.. Im getting so many surprising friends invitations from ones who were so anti-facebook !!! I guess they have been feeling left out or something... funny ha!!!?

8 Comments:

  • At October 04, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE FACEBOOK for all the reasons you mentioned, in addition to others I am tired to mention at this time, hehehe :D
    elmuhim, I think I can call myself a FACEBOOK LOVER! ;))

     
  • At October 04, 2007 , Blogger Marvin said...

    I agree - Facebook is handy to keep track of people, and easier to control than MySpace (less spam, for example). I'm on Facebook just to keep track of my friends and relatives. Blogger is my main outlet for creativity. I steer people from my Facebook to my Blogger site.

    Hope your week is going well!

     
  • At October 05, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook! I hate facebook!

    But I love you guys, and keep up with your news and photos all the time.
    But I hate the CIA work behind it where everything about you is publically available. Not to other people but for governments and what not. And guess what, they didn't have to lay a single finger on anyone to get all this data... Smart! But scares me!

    And with all the freaks out there, they ruined it for everyone!

    I've been on similar networks since 2002 and you know what? I loved them at the begining then ended up hating all of them!

     
  • At October 05, 2007 , Blogger Life said...

    I have had, a -I hate facebook- phase at first, when I started getting all these e-mails. not knowing why, and how to stop them,or even whats the use of them.. but.. now its more fun, when i managed to work my way there, and keep only my friends, and now, I wont forget a birtday or miss an event..! yeah.. facebook -if used right- is a good thing indeed..
    zaman 3annek ya 7elwah

     
  • At October 05, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    secratea .. haha :)

    Marvin the Martian.. EXACTLY! im only on Facebook for this reason.. the fact the everyone is there, and I can keep track of them faster makes my life much easier!

     
  • At October 05, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Qwiader قويدر .. I know all that... but guess what?! I don't care.. there's nothing to hide really.. it's not as if I have my whole life there or something.. HAHA

    It's the easiest way to keep track of my friends who are not only in Jordan, but all over the world.. !!!

     
  • At October 05, 2007 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    Life ... I don't miss a birthday too! which is so cool, I hate missing friends' birthdays.. especially when no one misses mine.. if you put your status as married those junkie invitations would stop ;).. haha or what you can do is just change the network..

     
  • At October 08, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i like facebook too..regardless of the annoying ppl and all...i still find it a great way to keep in touch with family and friends all over the world...
    and i've just increased my privacy settings so no more annoying friends requests or silly messages :D

    i think if we use it in the right way and for the right purpose then it's really fun and useful..and as u said it's not like i'll have my whole life pictured and posted there...at the end of the day u chose what u want or don't want to publish :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home