Simply ME...

A star or a rainy cloud,,, realistic or a dreamer,,, tough or emotional,,, a butterfly or a dolphin,,, it is all about me reflecting the transparent me!

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lecturing


Now that I am job hunting and looking for all the possibilities.. I keep hearing the same question 'Why don't you become a lecturer at the university?', I find this surprising and shocking at the same time.
The other day we met this guy who was telling me that his cousin is a lecturer now, he came here and didn't know what to do.. so he said why not!
People are addressing the issue as if it is the easiest job on earth, when I find it the total opposite. I don't think lecturing is something you would consider just for the sake of money, convenience, or not knowing what to do!

Well it's not. I remember being a student myself and thinking badly of those who are there to lecture but have no real passion for teaching.. those who see the whole thing no more than reading some words typed on a power point slide.. those who come and go but with no real influence. Those who don't make a difference.. and I wouldn't allow myself to be one of them.

So just stop making it look as if it's the easiest thing on earth.. don't talk about the pay or the short hours .. stop the bullshitting. I hate lecturers who are there for those reasons! I will definitely not be one of them.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At March 28, 2009 , Anonymous Qwaider قويدر said...

    You're absolutely right. People shouldn't just take jobs for convenience. Imagine all the poor people who would suffer under them.

    With that said, maybe these folks discovered a talent about you. Perhaps you will make an excellent lecturer.

    But don't believe the hype, there's no money in academics.. I know that for a fact... But it's a nice place to hibernate while the economy is down

     
  • At March 29, 2009 , Anonymous vagueraz said...

    I prefer to stay @ home than being a lecturer ...

    I maean that ,, :) ...
    You are right :) and as what qwaider said (there's no money in academics) ..

    Have a nice day :)

     
  • At March 29, 2009 , Blogger and life goes on... said...

    qwaider and imagine all those students who feel they're wasting their time and money in those classes!

    Even with the economy being down, and not having many options on the horizon, I still can't see lecturing as something i would enjoy doing or having as a career.

    Vagueraz have a nice day too :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home