I couldn't find a better video for my favorite Tango part in the movie, but I guess this one would do. I absolutely loved it. Not only because Im so into fashion but because it is about giving a meaning, life, colour, and history to one of the greatest brands in the fashion world.. to an iconic fashion empire..
Coco Chanel was strong, independent, bold and a risk taker. She took great pride as a woman in
designing for other women believing that they should dress for themselves and not their men. She introduced casual practical clothes for women by borrowing fabrics from men's fashion! She suffered, lived with a broken heart and never got married.. but after every fall she came back stronger and with more determination to survive.
Now- and after watching this- whenever I see the logo, I will remember it all.. what the logo itself means and how it was created (cutting the two Cs in the middle). The story behind the semi-formal "little black dress" which became a Chanel trademark and a fashion standard. The creation of Chanel handmade bags with their unique golden chain, the secret behind the Chanel suit jackets and Chanel
Some of her quotes:
• A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.
• Success is often achieved by those who don`t know that failure is inevitable.
• In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.
• I don`t know why women want any of the things men have when one of the things that women have is men.
• Fashion passes, style remains.
• To achieve great things, we must first dream.
• Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.
• Fashion is architecture: it is a matter of proportions. ~CoCo Chanel